Rapid Antigen Test at Buckhead Clinic
COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test at Buckhead Clinic
An antigen test is often called a rapid diagnostic test. It helps to find out if you are currently infected with COVID-19. Besides, it is a highly sensitive test that can detect infection from the first day after exposure.
We conduct rapid testing by appointment from Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Who Needs a Rapid Antigen Test?
COVID-19 has not yet been fully studied. Even patients who have mild or asymptomatic infections can develop Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Book a rapid test if you are at risk.
- You have typical symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing (shortness of breath), loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, and headache.
- You have had close contact with someone who has COVID-19. For example, you were within 6 feet of the person for more than 15 minutes, provided care, or had direct physical contact with the person (kiss, hug, handshake).
- You have returned from a country with an unfavorable epidemiological situation.
How is The Rapid Antigen Test Taken?
To obtain biomaterial, the nurse will take a swab from your nose. Results will be ready in 15 minutes. You do not pay for the test when you come to Buckhead, but you have to pay for the doctor’s appointment. Unfortunately, we do not provide the RAPID antigen TEST separately from your doctor's appointment.
Key Points About Rapid Antigen Test
- Rapid testing is less sensitive than PCR tests. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and the test is positive, then there is a 98% chance that the result was correct. This test is less reliable than PCR tests to rule out infection.
- The rapid test will not tell you whether you had COVID-19 at some point in the past.
- This test does not replace the PCR test when it comes to traveling.
- The test can have a false-negative result. Due to the risk of false-negative reactions, negative results of antigen tests are recommended to be confirmed with a PCR test.
- Do not rinse the nose and use nasal drops on the test day.
Rapid Antigen Test Results
- A positive test result means that you most likely have COVID-19 now and can transmit the virus to other people. The doctors at Buckhead Clinic will develop a personalized treatment plan and tell you how to avoid complications.
- A negative test indicates that you are healthy. But that does not mean you cannot get infected with COVID-19 in the future. Continue to monitor your health and follow measures to protect yourself. If you develop any alarming symptoms, go back to the clinic for a retest.
Book a rapid COVID-19 test at Buckhead Clinic. COVID-19 testing is only available from 8 am - 3 pm.