Annual Physical Exam at Buckhead Clinic
An annual physical exam is a series of tests done to assess a person’s general health and get updated information.
- You will be able to get revaccinated.
- Learn about your risk factors for developing chronic diseases.
- Check if you have latent diseases and start treatment immediately.
- You will be able to undertake a lifestyle assessment and get a recommendation on how to adjust it.
- You will save both money and time as a comprehensive diagnostic program is always cheaper and faster than separate tests. Besides, keeping your immune system healthy is much easier than treating acute diseases.
What is included in the Annual physical exam at Buckhead Clinic
Annual physical examination always depends on several factors, such as age, gender, and the presence of chronic diseases. The clinic has special protocols for this purpose.
Examination of Vital Signs
- Blood pressure and pulse rate.
- Breathing rate.
- Body temperature.
- An external examination that identifies problems with skin, nails, reflexes, and muscle strength.
- Examination of the heart and lungs with a stethoscope.
- Examination of the throat, lymph nodes, ears, and nose.
- Men have an additional examination of the testicles and penis for lumps and STD. Older men should also have a prostate screening.
- Women have an additional examination of the breast and pelvic organs (vulva, vagina, cervix) for lumps and infections.
Laboratory Tests During Annual Physical Exam
There are no standard laboratory tests during the annual examination. The following tests are available at Buckhead Clinic.
- complete blood count
- blood biochemistry
- cholesterol test
- blood sugar levels
- hepatitis C test
- testosterone levels test (for men)
- prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test (for men)
- pap smear and HPV test (for women)
- mammography (for women)
- thyroid function tests. Measure 3 main thyroid hormones: free T3; free T4; TSH
In addition, a physician may order a test that measures your bone density, ultrasound, and CT scan of specific organs.
How to Prepare for The Annual Exam?
The day before the examination, try to avoid alcohol, greasy, and sugary foods. Some tests should be taken on an empty stomach. Therefore, you should contact the clinic and check this information in advance. Tell your physician if you have had any health problems or unpleasant symptoms.
Schedule an Annual Physical Exam at Buckhead Clinic. Annual physical is only available from 8 am - 2 pm so that we have time to process labs.