Physical Exam at Buckhead Clinic
A physical check-up is a comprehensive check-up that assesses your overall health and helps identify any potential medical issues before they become more serious. It's important to check in with your doctor on a regular basis so that health issues can be discovered, detected, and treated when needed, at the earliest possible point.
At Buckhead Primary and Urgent Care Clinic, we believe that annual physical exams are an essential component of preventative care.
- You will be able to get revaccinated.
- Learn about your risk factors for developing chronic diseases.
- Check if you have any diseases that have no apparent symptoms, and start treatment immediately.
- You will be able to undertake a lifestyle assessment and get a recommendation on how to adjust it.
- You will save money and time as a comprehensive diagnostic program is always cheaper and faster than separate tests. Besides, keeping your immune system healthy is much easier than treating acute diseases.
What Is Included in the Physical Check Up at Buckhead Clinic
Physical examination always depends on several factors, such as age, gender, and chronic diseases.
Vital Sign Assessment
Vital signs are measurements of basic physiological functions that indicate the status of a person's essential body functions.
- blood pressure and pulse rate
- breathing rate
- body temperature
- general appearance - the doctor identifies problems with skin, nails, reflexes, and muscle strength
- heart and lung exam
- head and neck exam - examination of the throat, lymph nodes, ears, and nose
- men have an additional examination of the testicles and penis for lumps and STDs. Older men should also have a prostate screening
- women have an additional examination of the breast and pelvic organs (vulva, vagina, cervix) for lumps and infections
These vital signs are routinely measured by healthcare professionals to monitor a patient's health status, identify potential medical issues, and determine appropriate treatments.
Laboratory Tests During Annual Physical Exam
There are no standard laboratory tests during the annual examination. The following tests are available at Buckhead Clinic.
- complete blood count
- chemistry panel
- cholesterol levels
- blood sugar levels
- hepatitis C test
- testosterone levels (for men)
- prostate-specific antigen (PSA) (for men)
- pelvic exam, pap smear, and HPV (for women)
- mammography (for women)
- thyroid function tests
- electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
In addition, a physician may order a test that measures your bone density, ultrasound, and CT scan of specific organs.
How to Prepare for The Physical Exam?
The day before the examination, avoid alcohol. Some tests should be taken on an empty stomach. Please FAST for at least 10 hours. Therefore, you should contact the clinic and check this information in advance. Tell your physician if you have had any health problems or unpleasant symptoms.
Schedule an Annual Physical Exam at Buckhead Clinic
The annual physical is only available from 8 am - 2 pm, so we have time to process labs.
At Buckhead Primary Care Clinic, we strive to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care to each of our patients. We believe that annual physical check-ups are an essential component of preventative care, and we encourage all of our patients to schedule a yearly exam with their primary care physician. To schedule an appointment in our Atlanta location, please click the button below.